• Research on the necessity for fruit crop fertilisation.
• Soil fertility and changes in fertility due to different fruit crop cultivation technologies.
• Agrochemical research on soil and fruit crops.
• Collaboration with producers.
• Consultations for fruit-growers.
Scientific publications – 17 (2006-2015), incl. major publications:
- Surikova V., Kārkliņš A., Rubauskis E., Berlands V., Skrīvele M. (2011). Apple-tree roo development and distribution influenced by soil chemical properties, fertigation and mulching. Acta Horticulturea, No. 922: p. 319 – 326.
- Surikova V. Kārkliņš A. 2011. Potassium removal with mown grass in an apple orchard under influence of mulch and irrigation. Research for Rural Development 2011. pp. 59 – 63.
- Surikova V. Kārkliņš A. 2011. Phosphorus removal with mown grass in an apple orchard under influence of mulch and irrigation. Proceedings of the 8th International Scientific and Practical Conference June 20 – 22, Volume 1, Rezekne, pp. 83 – 88.
- Surikova V., Kārkliņš A., Rubauskis E. 2010. Preliminary results of nitrogen uptake with mown grass in an apple orchard under influence of mulch and irrigation. Agronomy Research. Volume 8 Risks in Agriculture: Environmental and Economic Consequences, special issue. P. 481. -486.
- Surikova V., Kārkliņš A. Removal of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium with summer pruning of apple trees. Research for Rural Development 2009. pp. 59 – 63.
Popular science publications
21 publications in total (2003-2015), incl. major publications:
- Surikova V. 2008. Kas jāzina par ābeļu saknēm. Agrotops Nr. 10. (134) – Rīga, SIA „Lauku Avīze”, 64 – 66 lpp. 27.-31.