9th International IOBC/WPRS Workshop on Integrated Plant Protection of soft fruits
IOBC Working Group "Integrated Plant Protection in Fruit Crops"
Sub Group "Soft Fruits"
5–7 September 2018
On behalf of the IOBC-WPRS WG “IPP Fruit Crops” Subgroup Soft Fruits, you are cordially invited to the forthcoming workshop that will take place from 5th to 7th of September 2018 in Riga, Latvia. The aim of the meeting is to bring together the latest advances in research on the integrated control of pests, diseases and weeds of soft fruits, provide an opportunity for exchange information and ideas and stimulate joint research and collaboration.
Conference is organized in corporation with INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR BIOLOGICAL AND INTEGRATED CONTROL (IOBC)
|WG Convenor||SG Convenor||Local organizers|
Fondazione Edmund Mach
Tel.: +39-0461-615 514
Tel.: +41-22-363 43 89
Graudu iela 1, Ceriņi, Krimūnu pag.,
Tel.: +371-25 14 85 82; +371-26 71 14 11
- Arturs Stalažs (Institute of Horticulture, Local organizer, Latvia)
- Inga Moročko-Bičevska (Institute of Horticulture, Local organizer, Latvia)
- Līga Jankevica (University of Latvia)
- Christian Linder (Agroscope Changins, Sub Group Convenor, Switzerland)
- Daniele Prodorutti (Fondazione Edmund Mach, Italy)
- Vincent Michel (Agroscope Conthey, Switzerland)
- Biology of pests and diseases
- Diagnostic tools for pests and diseases
- Monitoring and forecasting of pests and diseases
- Plant resistance and cultivars suitable for integrated and organic farming
- Post-harvest and storage diseases
- Certification and health of propagation stock
- Management of diseases, pests and weeds (biocontrol, chemical, alternative, physical, sanitation)
- Practical implementation of IPM in soft fruits
|Tuesday, 4 September 2018||Arrival and accommodation in the hotel|
|Wednesday, 5 September 2018||Morning registration, opening, sessions with presentations,
|Thursday, 6 September 2018||Sessions with presentations and poster session|
|Friday, 7 September 2018||Workshop technical excursion (visit to sea buckthorn and cranberry
*More detailed information will be available in the later announcements.
Official language: English is the official language of the workshop.
The event will be held at Islande Hotel, Riga city, Latvia. Address: Islande Hotel, Ķīpsalas iela 2, Rīga
Participation fee (calculated in EUR)*
|Category||Early registration||Late registration|
|IOBC-WPRS Member reduction**||350||400|
*Invoices for the payment to each participant will be sent via e-mail after receiving the registration form.
**IOBC-WPRS membership number is compulsory for registration
***Official university letter confirming the full-time student status required
The number of rooms were pre-reserved at the workshop venue Islande Hotel on the basis of “first come first served” for the following prices:
- Single standard room 55 EUR per night
- Double standard room 65 EUR per night
The offered prices and pre-reserved rooms are available until 4th of August 2018. Participants are kindly asked to reserve accommodation themselves by contacting the hotel directly on e-mail address email@example.com and quoting the code "IOBC Riga2018" that will ensure the above mentioned prices. Range of various level hotels are available in the vicinity of conference venue and Riga City that can be checked at https://www.booking.com.
- By bus for European participants — International Bus Station is situated in Riga centre,and is close to many hotels which can be reached by walking or by public transport, if hotels not close to city centre.
- By airplane — Riga International Airport is situated 13 km from centre of Riga city.
- Travel from Airport to centre of Riga city — for travelling from airport to Riga regular public bus traffic (city bus line number 22), several private bus lines and taxi services are available. For use of city transport lines, the special tickets should be obtained at news-stalls situated in airport building. City transport tickets are available for particular number of drives, and, when you are inside transport, for each drive activation of ticket is necessary. There is also possibility to buy (by cash) the ticket at bus driver, but then ticket price is higher. More information on city transport lines is available at Rīgas Satiksme website.
|Closing date for early-bird registration and payment of registration fee||7 May 2018|
|Closing date for submission of abstracts||5 July 2018|
|Late registration and payment of registration fee||5 July 2018|
|Submission of manuscript for the IOBC-WPRS Bulletin||1 December 2018|
|Final programme and other information||14 August 2018|
Please, fill out the REGISTRATION FORM BELOW and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For details regarding workshop please contact:
Arturs Stalažs (secretary)
Tel.: +371-26 71 14 11
Fax: +371-63 78 17 18