The garden of the Institute of Horticulture blooms this year as in every year, and the largest collection of lilacs in Europe entices guests from near and far to enjoy the beautiful flowers and the flowers’ captivating aroma. However, this season is different! Let's be responsible, follow the rules, and enjoy the short-lived but wonderful adventure of the lilac bloom!
We invite you to enjoy the Horticultural Institute’s processed products – seven types of ice cream, natural syrups and juices, delicious candied fruit, and other local goods!
A special new addition this season – three types of bath salts with lilac flowers! Bath salts will be a great gift and a memory from your visit to the lilac garden.
ENTRANCE FEE FOR THE GARDEN OF THE INSTITUTE OF HORTICULTURE
- Entrance fee for adults EUR 4.00
- Entrance fee for students, seniors, and people with III disability group EUR 3.00
- Entrance fee for families with children (1-2 adults with children aged 7 to 18) EUR 10.00
Entrance free of charge: pre-school children; residents of orphanages, boarding schools, and students of horticulture schools; people with I and II disability group and their caretakers; Latvian museum workers; ICOM (International Council of Museums) members.
FROM MAY 15th THE GARDEN AND THE INSTITUTE OF HORTICULTURE SHOP IS OPEN EVERY DAY FROM 9:00 UNTIL 21:00
RULES FOR VISITING THE GARDEN:
- When visiting the garden and other institute territories, keep a 2 m distance from other visitors.
- Garden visitor groups up to 25 people.
- Family, wedding, christening, and other celebratory photoshoots, as well as celebrations in the garden, should be announced beforehand.
- Please be responsible – enjoy the lilacs from a safe distance, do not touch the flowers or smell them up close!