Development of new vegetable - edamame growing technology in organic production
Project aim: To develop a technology for growing a new vegetable, edamames or vegetable soy, which has not been cultivated in Latvia so far, in the organic farming system by diversifying the pulse assortment / variety both in food and in crop rotation.
Tasks of the project:
- Carry out research on the optimization of edamames cultivation technology stages to find out the optimum edamames cultivation technology in the open field.
- Investigate Edamames Seed Growth Possibilities for Local Seed Production.
- To find out the nutritional value of edamames and to develop pretreatment technology to extend the marketing period.
- Collect and analyze data, prepare publications, present results at conferences.
- Based on the results obtained during the study, prepare information for farmers at the end of the project in order to ensure the practical use of the research results.
- The results of the supported project will be published at the end of the project.
Source of funding: EAFRD