- Plant genetics and molecular biology
• Research coordination and leading
• Fruit crop genetic research
• Molecular genetics applied in the genetic research of fruit crops
• Research on fruit crop genetic resource conservation, study and utilisation
Total number of publications: 51
Publications in the last 5 years: 21
Scopus / WoS indexed publications: 31
Major scientific work:
- Lācis G., Kota-Dombrovska I., Strautiņa S. 2017. Evaluation of red raspberry cultivars used for breeding and commercial growing in the Baltic region. Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B: Natural, Exact and Applied Sciences, 71(3), 203–210. DOI: 10.1515/prolas-2017-0034
- Lācis G., 2013. Characterisation of Latvian fruit crop genetic resources by application of molecular genetics methods. Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B: Natural, Exact and Applied Sciences, 67(2), 84–93
- Lacis G., 2010. Characterisation of the Latvian and Swedish Sweet and Sour Cherry Genetic Resources. Acta Universitatis Agriculturae Sueciae, Doctoral Thesis, No. 2010:89
- Lacis G., Rashal I., Ruisa S., Trajkovski V., Iezzoni A.F. 2009. Assessment of genetic diversity of Latvian and Swedish sweet cherry (Prunus avium L.) genetic resources collections by using SSR (microsatellite) markers. Scientia Horticulturae, 121, 451–457.
- Lacis G., E. Kaufmane, I. Rashal, V. Trajkovski, A.F. Iezzoni, 2008. Identification of self-incompatibility (S) alleles in Latvian and Swedish sweet cherry genetic resources collections by PCR based typing. Euphytica, 160, 155–163.
Patent “Early detection of somaclonal variation in apple and pear”,
No. LV 14835 (2014)